Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Life pillages blogging


So I have not posted a blog for nearly a month now and to be honest Im not truly in a posting mood right now. HOWEVER, I have little better to do and its Spring Break so I dont have to feel bad about not doing my homework so I guess Ill make another post.

So the cycling season has begun and Iv been doing quiet well. My first race at NC State turned out pretty well minus the dissapointment of the Saturday road race being canceled. The sunday race went well though and I got in a break and placed 6th. The next weeks road race at Wake went fairly similarly. The pack was staying together and one break with 4 guys had gotten away early. Sick of climbing hills at 12mph i decided less than halfway through 2 of 4 laps to go and made a break from the field. Just as trying to hold myself off from the ensuing field started feeling futile I caught one of the members of the break. Working together we were able to distance ourselves from the field, putting me in 5th.

After two hard weeks of racing I decided not to race at Navy and instead get drunk at 8am in the morning with The gypsy, the darster, and KG. It was good times. It went something like this, wake at 8, drunk by 9,off to the sunken gardens to swing a golf club as hard as I could at a tennis ball, walking back to my room at 10ish? Wake up at 4pm in the afternoon. Definitely a good rest from 2 hard weeks of racing! The rest of the weekend was pretty much a gigantic head ache, Kyle was sick, all i wanted to do was nap but it was all worth it.

The week to follow was interesting, unless your Kyle, then it pretty much just sucked ass. Tuesday was kinda fun though. My buddy Billy Rison and i went with the cycling team to Bellisimos pizza, to attempt to feast the entire Bellisimo's beast, a 30 in pizza, 1 hr, eat it all and you get free pizza 1x a week for a year. We were athletes, we eat alot we could do it? right? WRONG, it bent us over and fucked us side ways, BIG TIME. Never again will I attempt an eating task like this. I think Emily put it well the next morning when we were swimming and she commented on how she felt the pizza poking her in the lungs...whats funny was i think it actually might have been. Besides that the week was full of quizzes, and midterms, luckily i dont think I failed. C's get degrees right or for some of us D's too i guess (love ya jonny boy).

Thank god this week is Spring Break. The home road race went well, none of us did stellarly. The top finish for W&M was Evrett who placed 13th in the road race....ya not the best week for Tribe cycling. Its all good though, i only rode my bike 1x all week, far less than I should have. This week is fixing things though! The weather is beautiful, things seem to be falling into place and life is good. I could write more but Im not in the mood right now. Check back in in a few and maybe I will have written more, but dont count on it. Laterzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment