Friday, May 14, 2010

And...im a senior

Well, the good news is that even with my starting a blog during my junior year I was able to devote enough time into "studying" to pass my junior year. Excuse me from blowing my own horn (o god i am getting old using phrases like that) but not only did I pass but I did so with the highest GPA of my William and Mary career too! How I managed to do this while riding nearly 300 miles a week for the past month, not to mention getting in runs 2-3x a week and a swim here and there is what impresses me the most. Anyway, enough bragging about myself. I would like to start this off by saying thank you to all my wonderful friends in Williamsburg. Many of you, I feel, will change my life especially the W&M Cycling team, who have taught me so much about the sport I have come to love. Thanks as well to all of my wonderful friends who make those long nights of studying a little more bearable with frequent runs to Wawa and long late night conversations about things that seem important at the time, but yet are extremely unimportant in the grand eternal scheme of things. None the less, this is what college is all about, you only get to do it for four years of your life, so live it up. I am down to one and I am not about to let that last year get away from me!

Anyway, heres what I have been up to this week. Packing up all my stuff in my room every year I realize just how much shit I have. Every year I tell myself I refuse to let this congregation of shit that I have accumulated happen to me the next year, and every year it seems as if that congregation of shit is larger than the year before. Guess some battles are not worth fighting. Needless to say, move out was a pain in the ass but thanks to assistance from my buddy Kyle I was able to get all of my crap out to my "whip game proper" aka my mom's old purple Toyota sienna in 4 trips. On my way out from the Burg KG and i went to Berry Body and got some dank frozen yogurt. The place really is legit, to bad I didnt find out about it until the end of the year, luckily I see many trips in my future next year!

Training this week has been pretty solid. At the beginning of the week my quads were kind of torn up from the crit/quarter marathon combo last week, but as time passed they healed and now life is good. This weekend i have the Marine Corps half. Im definitely in good shape right now. I also am only running 2-3x a week, far less than I have for the past 5 or 6 years of my life, so well see how it goes. I am definitely hitting some fast times in my workouts though and most of my runs felt good this week so Im excited for sure. Heres what my training has looked like for the week:
Monday- 70 mile spin with Cory (double reservoir very pretty route!)
Tuesday- 20 mile easy spin with Colette in the morning, 8 mile tempo in the afternoon at 6 min miles
Wednesday-70 mile ride with Eric out route 7
Thursday- 6 mile run in the morning, 25 mile ride with the crew at Wakefield with some sprints thrown in as per usual with this ride
Friday (Today)- 3100 swim with some 100s with descending rest as the main set. Burke Lake loop and first 2 miles of the XC course for a little over 6.5 miles at a pretty chill pace (probably 630s)

Anyway, Im excited for the race Sunday, good luck to JOA and Wilson at the Sprint into Spring Crit this weekend, and Cory whos trying to ride 3 consecutive 100 mile days. Also congrats to all of my senior friends graduating this weekend, im happy for them, and they will be missed next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment