Monday, February 15, 2010

Freshmen decision making...questionable


So when I started writing this I was curious as to whether or not I would be dedicated enough to write in it with any consistency. Well, the answer is no. Unfortunately, life feasts upon my time and the day comes to an end and i am tired and typing out the random ass shit going through my head for you all to read simply does not rank over going to sleep. Fortunately though today im stuck in a Holiday Inn in Colonial Heights and I have absolutely NOTHING to do so here ya go and I hope you enjoy.

Since a good deal of time has passed since last time I wrote one of these I really am at a loss of where to start, therefore I do apologize if my thoughts are similar to diarrhea. I guess Ill start with class. French sucks, enough said. Human Phys i fall to sleep every class, luckily Jon sleeps 119 of the 120 minutes so I dont feel like such a slacker. Issues in health is pretty cool, mostly cause Professor Harris likes bikes. My epidemiology teacher comes in every Wednesday night to teach her 3 hour class looking about as excited to be there as an alcoholic in rehab. Speaking of which, I have found a new competitor for most tasty alcoholic beverage. It is named after Cory's suite mate a guy they call "duffy" the "captain duff" cream soda and rum, definitely a winner. Good thing Im not on the meal plan anymore as this allows me to afford such beverages.

So i was listening to fratmusic.com today and I heard a song called I hate college by Sam Adams. The song begins as follows:
"i hate college but love all the parties
finishing kegs and crushing bottles of bacardi
king or the class, id rather lay up with a hottie
single doesnt mean im looking for somebody"
Thank god someone was able to fix the terrible mistake of Asher Roth and correct this misconception that somehow class could be fun, well done guys, Im a fan. I got a new ringtone this week too, this is truly a musical week for me, the guys at 3OH3 are definitely some of my new favorite people as i have listened to there song "Richman" probably over 100x in the past 24 hours, im guessing my roomate Austonian is undoubtedly furious about this fact, but hell get over it.

Cycling season began this past weekend and the team and I ventured up to N.C. State, we managed to fit 8 cyclists into one room which I felt was pretty impressive. Even more impressive however was the fact that all 8 of us survived 2 nights in the Red Roof Inn, where murders occur nightly. The race on saturday got canceled for snow so I feasted at Panera, ran, then feasted more then went to sleep, nothing exciting. Sunday the race went well for me. The pack started at around 50 guys but by the last lap it had dwindled down to about only 20, with a lap to go I decided to make a gutsy move and attempt to jump infront of the slow moving pace line, hoping for a few followers. Luckily some guys at Navy came with me and we caught the break. Meanwhile some Navy riders sat on the front of the pack, keeping them from coming after us. I finished 6th in the collegiate B race, my best finish in a Road Race ever. I think roller rides such as the snowy 2 hour ride we did last week have helped me big time.

On the way back Wilson decided that he had 40+ miles in his tank AFTER the gas light came on, unfortunately, he was very wrong and we ran out of gas on the exit 211 ramp of 64...Moral of story: NEVER let Wilson or any freshmen make decisions of any importance. Luckily we made it back to campus without any assistance. Well, now that Iv written a shitload, of which Im not sure any is interesting Im going to sign off and hope that you dont stop reading this for forever. I would say Ill write again soon, but given my history, that may be a lie....O, and the picture is my puppy Tori feasting on a bottle of sparkling water, shes cute so i figured id throw it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment